The holiday season isn’t always our favorite time of the year. We feel that the true meaning of it all has been lost in the mad rush to buy buy buy all the chicest gifts you can find. And for that reason only, we tend to remember that we actually DO love this time of year! So, to make your shopping efforts just a little bit easier this year, I’ve compiled a little gift guide for you courtesy of the shops at The Standard, Downtown LA and The Standard, New York!
1. & 2. - Artist José Parlá has once again given us an incredible incarnation of his work by teaming up with Incase to produce these one of a kind convertible book jackets for your MacBook and iPad. They both come with a suede lined interior. The iPad version has elastic band closure and opens up to function as a stand. New York, $179.95
3. The Colorsplash by Lomography is one of my favorite little gadgets EVER! With this camera, you can spin the color wheel casting an assortment of colored flashes on your subjects. Throw in various lighting schemes and a few designer outfits, and you’ve got yourself a L’Uomo Vogue editorial! Downtown LA, $70.
4. This Cherokee feather necklace by Bing Bang (coincidentally the brainchild of our contributing blogger, Anna Sheffield) is the season’s must have for all you ladies out there! It’s made of brass, sterling silver, gunmetal, yellow gold and copper plating and accented in Swarovski crystals! Downtown LA, $295.
5. Emily Rothschild’s Pinky Wing ring speaks for itself and it comes in an assortment of metals. New York, $165.
6. I just can’t seem to get enough of José Parlá, and he can’t stop making things like this slider case for iPhone 4, curated by Arkitip. Amazing. New York, $49.95.
7. Jewelry designer, Julie Rofman, handmakes these woven beaded cuffs with silver trim. Wear them in groups of three, and you’re all set. Downtown LA, $75.
8. Medieval by Lipstick Queen harks back to the days when full coverage lipstick was a sin, so women had to use lemons to stimulate the lips and create a see through blood red. Today, all you need is this lipstick. Downtown LA and New York, $20.
9. I don’t go anywhere with a bag because keeping things in your pockets just ruins the line of your pant and that’s is not acceptable. La Tropiezienne by Camp Vivier is too chic in canvas with leather handles. Downtown LA, $230.
10. This nail polish by RGB is the only way to coat your nails. It contains no formaldehyde, no toulene and no DBP, whatever that is. We just know that we don’t want it on our nails. Our favorite colors for the holiday season are plum, camel and mink, of course. Downtown LA and New York, $14.
11. When I’m not toting around my Camp Vivier bag, I’m carrying this small Comme des Garcons leather pouches. It’s effortlessly chic. Downtown LA and New York, $125 - $195.
12. No one loves a polaroid more than Stan and that’s why I love my Fujifilm Instax Mini 25. It instantly prints out polaroids that size of credit cards, so you always have documentation of where you’ve been and what you’ve done. This comes especially handy after martini #4! New York, $125.