Posts tagged johnny misheff
The Standard is proud to announce a spectacular collaboration with M·A·C & MILK today with the launch of a partnership that brings together New York’s finest during Fashion Week. M·A·C & MILK Fashion Week has expanded beyond the walls of MILK Studios into The Standard, New York and all of the action can be found via live photo, video, and blog updates at http://live.milkmade.com/.
(The Standard NY is partnering with MAC & MILK This Fashion Week)
With M·A·C & MILK we created an editorial website that will provide exclusive content 24/7. The site will feature user generated images/videos posted from mobile devices and up-to-the-minute blog posts from the shows, events, designers, backstage, onstage, afterparties, galleries, and everything in between.
Tim Hamilton Show at The Standard, New York - see all the pics here
(Meet Standard’s new guest blogger, Colonel Cator)
Want to read about Art Basel 2010? Meet Cator Sparks aka “Colonel Cator”, a journalist for a variety of magazines and websites with a focus is Men’s Fashion and Design. His writing has appeared in T Magazine, and FullFrontalFashion.com. Cator will be covering the daily beat of Art Basel 2010 for The Standard website.
(New Standard Guest Blogger, Julia Chiang)
We should also take this opportunity to introduce our new guest blogger, Julia Chiang, a Brooklyn based artist visiting Miami Beach this week. Julia was a presenting artist in last years Art Basel 2009 at OHWOW, using her Ring Pops (ring-shaped lollipop) to create a stellar piece of art and back in February she did the same for us when she helped us launch our Shop at The Standard, New York where we sold her gorgeous porcelain apples. We’re lucky to be graced with her talent again this year with a special installation created at The Standard hotel in Miami.
(Installation by Julia Chiang, OHWOW, Art Basel 2009)
Other Standard Guest Bloggers in Miami this week covering from the trenches are:
• Johnny Misheff - Journalist who writes about the worlds of art, fashion, and culture.
• Jauretsi- Writer, Filmmaker, and overall Editor of the Standard website
• Cheryl Dunn - Photographer, Documentarian, and all around Renaissance woman.
• Al Moran- Co-Founder and Co-Creative Director of OHWOW Gallery in Miami, Al Moran is “the man” of the week, hosting a bevy of the best in art today. Lucky for us, he’s a regular guest blogger on our site. Artists featured at his gallery this week include Daniel Arsham, Scott Campbell, Julia Chiang, Dan Colen, André Ethier, FriendsWithYou, Phil Frost, Michael Genovese, Luis Gispert, Gustavo Godoy, Tomoo Gokita, Diana Al-Hadid, Trenton Doyle-Hancock, Julia Ziegler-Haynes, Michael St. John, KAWS, Robert Lazzarini, Nate Lowman, Brendan Lynch, Ari Marcopoulos, Barry McGee, Neck Face, José Parlá, Rey Parlá, Kembra Pfahler, Aurel Schmidt, David Benjamin Sherry, Lucien Marc Smith, Agathe Snow and Nick Van Woert.
• Chris Mosier - Photographer. Delivering some daily “eye candy”, in the form of portraits, as the week unfolds.
To read updates this week from our guest bloggers, go to Standard Friends Section.